Sports, Activities, Festivals and Entertainment
Rugby Bath is very much a ‘rugby town’ and tickets are often available for matches. There is a lovely family atmosphere on a match day and even if you don’t enjoy watching the game (and many in Bath would find that hard to understand!) you will still enjoy the atmosphere in the town.
Horse Racing The race course on the top of Lansdown Hill offers a great day out and is easily accessible by bus from the city centre.
Tennis Tennis: there is a free tennis court in Sydney Gardens (just around the corner from Herschel Place) and covered and open courts can be booked both in Royal Victoria Park and at Bath University.
Bath University is a centre of excellence for sport and has world-class facilities, many of which are open for members of the public to use on a casual basis, including the Olympic swimming pool and fitness suites. Click here for details.
Activities and Experiences
There is a huge choice of activities in and around Bath. Just a few of those available are listed below. Do ask us if you have any particular interests, as we may well be able to find what you are looking for.
Bath usually has a long programme of festivals throughout the year. After so much had to be cancelled because of the pandemic, we are delighted to say that many have now announced dates for 2021 and are taking bookings! (As always, please do check event websites for details and any changes.)
- The Bath Festival including music of many genres and literature 13th to 27th May 2022
- Mozart Festival11th – 19th November 2022
- Children’s Literature Festival 2021 23rd September to 2nd October 2022
- Comedy Festival 27th March to 21st April 2022
- The Great Bath Feast 23rd to 25th September 2022
- Jane Austen Festival 9th – 18th September 2022
- Open Air Cinema in The Royal Crescent 15th – 17th September 2022
- Bath Christmas Market 24th November – 11th December 2022 After a two year pause because of the pandemic, our lovely Christmas Market will be back this year!